For New Year’s Eve, I wanted to make appetizers that were easy because I wanted to enjoy the night with my friends. They had to be delicious too. These are three of my favorite appetizers that are easy to make and take no time at all. They are also great appetizers when you have unexpected guests or a cocktail party where you don’t want to slave away in the kitchen. The first appetizer I made is prosciutto cups with goat cheese. The combination is perfect, the prosciutto is crispy and provides the perfect saltiness to the tart and creamy goat cheese.
1. You will need prosciutto, chives, goat cheese, 2 – 3 tablespoons of milk, and a mini muffin pan. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Spray the muffin pan with cooking spray. I cut one piece of prosciutto in half and placed the prosciutto into the muffin cup. Continue with the rest of the prosciutto. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until the prosciutto is crispy.
3. In the meantime, whip the goat cheese and milk with a mixer until the goat cheese is creamy. Add the chopped chives.
4. When the prosciutto cups were cooled. I placed them on a paper towel to remove the excess oil.
5. I piped the goat cheese into the prosciutto cups with a piping bag. I sprinkled chopped chives on top.
Bacon wrapped dates are my best friend Janelle’s favorite appetizer and since she was coming over for New Year’s Eve, I wanted to make them for her.
1. You will need bacon, parmesan cheese or your favorite cheese, pitted dates, and tooth picks. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. I cut the parmesan into small pieces and stuffed the dates.
3. I rolled the bacon around the date.
4. Secure with a toothpick. Bake the bacon wrapped dates for 10 – 12 minutes or until the bacon is crispy in a rimmed baking sheet. Make sure at 8 minutes, you rotate the dates.
5. When they come out of the oven place on a paper towel to remove the excess oil.
Every cocktail party needs something healthy. These greek salad skewers take minutes to make and are healthy and delicious.
1. You will need cherry or grape tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, and feta cheese. For the dressing you need lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
1. I started with the tomato, then cucumber, feta and olive. Since feta is naturally crumbly, you might have to be more careful when you put it on the skewer. Serve with dressing.