It’s Fall and that means PUMPKIN! I LOVE pretty much pumpkin everything (read more here). I decided to make my own homemade pumpkin granola and tested a view recipes last weekend. I think this one is pretty spot on. I love eating the granola with almond milk, with greek yogurt or on top of vanilla ice cream. The pumpkin spice really comes through and transforms an ordinary granola to a perfectly Fall one. Make a big batch and share it with your friends and family!
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (if using canned, make sure it’s 100% pure pumpkin and not pie filling)
- 1½ tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 cups old fashioned large flake oats
- 2 cups natural almonds
- ¼ cup flaxseeds
- 2 cups dried, sweetened cranberries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, oil, brown sugar, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Stir in the oats, almonds and flaxseeds.
- Divide mixture between two large baking sheets and bake 45-60 minutes, stirring occasionally and checking frequently, until the almonds are golden and toasty and the granola is dry.
- Let cool completely on baking sheets if larger clumps are preferred. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in cranberries. Transfer to airtight containers.