Sometimes, I just don’t want to turn the stove on. The problem is that it eliminates a lot of dinner options. Ceviche is the perfect solution. It’s healthy, flavorful and zesty. You might be apprehensive about not really cooking the halibut over a flame but trust me, the acid in the lime juice “cooks” it perfectly. Here’s how I made it…
- 8 ounces of halibut
- 1 large lemon
- 2 1/2 large limes
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup of strawberry tomatoes (you can also use grape or cherry tomatoes)
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup of corn
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Cut the halibut into small chunks. Put the halibut chunks into a coverable bowl.
- Pour the juice of 1 lemon and 2 limes over the halibut. Season with salt and pepper. Let the halibut marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- To make the salad, toss the tomatoes, avocado, and corn in a bowl with extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 lime juice, salt and pepper.
- To assemble the salad, I put a couple of pieces of halibut onto the plate followed by the salad. To finish the plate, I sprinkled microgreens on top .