It’s safe to say that fish tacos are my favorite dish. I love that fish tacos are so easy to make and it’s a quick lunch or dinner meal. I make my fish tacos healthier by grilling the fish and I use greek yogurt instead of sour cream to make the sauce. Living in San Diego for 2 years, I do appreciate a really good fish taco and I think I’ve finally mastered a healthy version. For a healthy and fresh dinner, I make my go-to fish tacos.
- 1 lb firm white fish (I used mahi mahi)
- 8 small tortillas
- 6 ounces plain greek yogurt
- Chipotle in adobo sauce
- Juice of 1 lime plus extra limes for garnish
- Shredded veggies like cabbage, red bell peppers and avocado
- Cilantro (optional)
- I grilled the fish for 4 minutes because the grill was 500 degrees but cooking it in a pan usually takes 8 minutes.
- To make the chipotle lime sauce, I mixed 1 chopped chipotle, the juice of 1/2 lime, salt and pepper in the yogurt. I used 1 chipotle because I like things spicy.
- Julienne the veggies.
- Warm the tortillas in a pan on low heat.
- When you’re ready to serve, place the fish in the tortilla, top with the chipotle lime sauce and finally the veggies. Serve with a lime wedge.