When I’m eating clean, the thing I miss the most is the crunch. I just want to bite into something substantial. I’ve tried many version of this detox salad but I’ve made my own version to my liking. I know what you’re thinking, how can a detox salad taste good? Trust me, I don’t eat anything that tastes like diet food. Even my boyfriend who hates kale liked this salad. I promise you, this detox salad will surprise you with how good it tastes. Detoxing just became delicious!
- 1 cup chopped lacinato kale
- 1/2 cup chopped red cabbage
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced apple
- 3 tablespoons chopped almonds or walnuts
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Mix all the ingredients together for the salad. For the dressing, whisk the lemon juice, dijon mustard, honey, extra virgin olive oil, and salt and pepper together. Serve the salad with the dressing on top.