Happy New Year! This is the first 5 things Laura loves of 2019! I started 5 things 8 years ago as an effort to pause and appreciate the little things in life. 2018 was such a wonderful year for me. It was a year of learning more about myself and loving myself; don’t worry not in a narcissist way. One of the biggest lessons I’ve learned throughout the year was the importance of gratitude. Being thankful for all that you do have instead of looking at what you don’t have is essential for happiness and well-being. Here were the 5 things I’ve been loving lately.
- Feeling like a kid again at the Seaglass carousel at The Battery. I’m a big proponent on pure adult sober fun. What was the last fun thing you did?
2. Beautiful toiletry bag from Hudson and Bleeker. I’ve never had such a fancy toiletry bag. It makes packing for travel so easy.
3. Lymph draining massage or sweat at Shape House. My body was going through a lot of weird changes since coming home from India. I love Shape House’s sweat and lymph draining massages because you feel like a million bucks after and you get to watch Netflix during your session.
4. I love podcasts! My favorites are inspirational, true crime and suspense thrillers. I heard that Homecoming the show was based on the podcast so I binge-listened to it first.
5. I watched the Homecoming show with Julia Roberts and it was SO GOOD. I love how watching the show filled in the holes of the podcast. I’m a visual person so seeing the emotions vs. listening was a different experience for me.