The itinerary for this past European trip was Prague > Bratislava > Cyprus. What is there to stay about Prague but that it’s absolutely gorgeous. The architecture, the sights, and the people. My favorite touristy things were the astronomical clock and the Charles bridge. Bratislava has become a home away from home. The city is so different in the summer, the streets are bustling with people on the cobble stone streets and everyone is practically spending the whole day at the outdoor cafes. Cyprus is a rare island that has beautiful beaches and archaeological sites. This island has so much history, you could spend a whole day visiting all the sites. When I’m in Europe, I always question whether I want to go back home.
5 Things to do in Prague
1. Walk the Charles Bridge and check out the statues. Rub the St John Nepomuk (also referred to as Jan Nepomucky) for good luck…he’s the 8th statue on the right if you’re walking from Old Town Square to Prague Castle.
2. Visit Old Town Square and check out the astronomical clock. The clock moves every hour so make sure you have a good spot.
3. Visit Prague Castle and Golden Lane. Prague Castle is the largest medieval castle in Europe. Golden Lane is a street within the castle walls and the houses are miniature. You can visit Franz Kafka’s house #22.
4. Eat some Czech food. I went to V Zatisi which has a modern take on Czech cuisine.
5. Go to a beer hall. The Czechs are known for their beers. My 2 favorites are U Medvidku (Budvar) and U Zlateho Tygra where Bill Clinton visited.
Things to do in Cyprus
1. Go to Aphrodite’s Rock and Beach
2. Visit Kourion Ampitheater in Paphos
3. Dive the Zenobia Ship Wreck off of Larnaca
4. See the mosaics at the House of Eustolius